The Conseil québécois des entreprises adaptées (CQEA) aims to continually improve accessibility to its Web site for people with disabilities. To this end, several Priority 1 checkpoints recommended by the Web Accessibility Initiative have already been implemented.
- The main blocks of information are divided in order to make viewing easier.
- Header elements make the document structure easier to understand.
- Clear and simple language is used.
- The destination of each hyperlink is clearly indicated.
- Page setup allows users to change the size of the characters.
- Contrasting colours are used for background and text.
- All information conveyed by colour is also available without colour.
- The main language of each page is specified with the required attributes.
- The screen does not move.
- The pages are not redisplayed unless activated by the user.
- A text equivalent is supplied for all important images.
- The navigation menu reflects the information structure.
- Each visible element on a form is linked to a caption.
- The site plan is accessible on each page.